Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Storyboard

After receiving some constructive criticism from my peers, I've gathered my thoughts to the point where I'm ready to shift gears and really get going. In my previous post, I summarized the ideas I put together and how I planned to merge them into a cohesive sequence. It took some time, but I did it, and now I've begun the second step of my process which is constructing my vision and finally putting it on paper. In other words, story-boarding.

I've only ever story-boarded once for a music video, and that was with the assistance of Felipe Vargas, who I've mentioned previously. Aside from seeking his advice, I've looked into a couple links explaining and demonstrating the story-boarding process, a segment from Videomaker magazine, which provided me with some insight on how I should approach the process and what I should specifically focus on. I dusted off my knowledge on micro-composition and began to integrate different shots and angles into my sequence to give myself an even better idea of what I want to capture, how I want to capture it, and more importantly, what I can do to really emphasize perspective. Of course, the mise-en-scene elements will align with the traits of my characters as well as the time and place of my opening sequence: late at night in the main character's bedroom. That I'll cover in my next post when I tackle character introductions and script. So far I'm feeling a bit more relieved that I've got the ball rolling and have been able to put something on paper.


 Albright, Jennifer. "How to Make a Storyboard - Storyboard Lingo & Techniques." Videomaker.com. 1 Aug. 2012. Web. 27 Apr. 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment