Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Onto Editing

Now that filming is out of the way, my number one priority is molding all my shots into an appealing, cohesive sequence. I only have some experience with iMovie and I'm desperately hoping that the editing process won't be nearly as stressful as I'm expecting it to be. On the bright side, I've set myself to expect the unexpected, and as of now, I still think I'm good on time.

Today I begin importing all my footage and uploading it onto the iMovie software. I took a good look at some of my shots on my phone and on Sarah's, and I honestly don't think I'll have to spend much time manipulating quality or color as I tried extremely hard to capture some well-focused, quality footage. It's nice to not have to worry about that. Moving forward.

In total, my filming process took about an hour and a half, giving me some kind of benchmark to how long it'll take to edit. Unfortunately I don't have much time today to edit with my father's macbook pro, but I've already decided that I'm willing to spend some time later tonight putting a couple shots together. Sleep is for the weak.

Digressing a bit onto my filming process, one of the key features of my opening sequence are the close shots that I was able to capture and how I was able to effectively manipulate the lighting. Given my room is quite small, I didn't have the freedom that I wanted when capturing wide/medium shots, and with that, came along the struggle of conducting just enough light with each individual shot. Believe it or not, a simple desk lamp did the trick, and all I had to do was let the light bounce off the wall behind my camera, creating more of a glowing effect on my main character's close-ups. Within my editing process, the only thing I have to focus on is the balance of color as the light produced by my lamp was a bit different from the dimmed lights on the ceiling. Nothing too big, just a small imbalance that bothered me a bit when compiling my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment