Monday, April 4, 2016

Filming: Check!

I've never been more relieved to say that I'm finally where I want to be in conjunction to my deadline. After suffering a scare of poor time management and minor procrastination, I've finally knocked out the major development stages of my production. No more stress. From here on out, it's just a process of slowly molding my shots into an appealing, cohesive sequence that fits well with the remainder of the film...and taking care of some other tasks.

Everything went pleasantly smooth this weekend as I was able to go about the filming process in an organized fashion. Along the way, I added a couple shots to my storyboard that I think will add a lot more of artistic value to the sequence as I was able to play around with my lighting. My cast certainly cooperated as much as I expected them to, and to be honest, I'm eternally grateful to have had Jane Kang and her sister, Hannah, on board with this project. Out of complete spontaneity, both girls were able to come up with some surprisingly clever ideas for blocking on the spot, allowing me to add some quality footage to my sequence.

In response to the minor lighting problem I encountered prior to shooting, I found an easy solution that despite taking some time away from filming, was completely effective in blocking out any natural light from entering the room. As mentioned before, my problem with creating a late night effect was obstructed by my filming schedule. Jane and Sarah were only available this weekend during the mornings and early afternoons. Therefore, natural light coming into my room took away the nighttime effect from the plot. To fix this, I placed four large black garbage bags over my blinds/windows to block out the light, and along with that came another problem: I had to do everything possible to make sure an awkward, distracting black square never appeared in any of my shots. It wasn't too hard to work around, but it did require me to be extremely cautious when doing a couple of over-the-shoulder and medium shots of Jane. In the end, it wasn't anything serious, and I must say, I'm pretty excited to finally start editing. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment